~The Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.~
Happy Tuesday everyone! Well, the time has come for confession. It's time to share some of your bookish secrets and 'no-nos'. Anything goes! After reading my list, share some of your confessions! Like they say...confessing shall set you free. *solemn look*
1. I skip prologues 90% of the time.
2. I tend to get lazy and not use bookmarks and use random objects (ie: hairtyes, bobbie pins, rubber bands, pieces of random paper, toilet paper-don't judge, library card, and etc)
3. Once in a while I'll dog ear a page from books from the library
4. I skim sometimes over descriptive parts when it rambles too much.
5. I tell everyone that I really like The Hobbit but I think its eh...its okay. Naughty, I know.
6. If I'm really curious I'll read reviews with spoilers galore or try to find some spoilers on Google.
7. People have to beg me to borrow any of my books (even the ones I don't care for much)
8. When I buy a used book and there is writing in it, I freak out! Depending on how much writing I'll buy another one or ask for a switch
9. I take off dust jackets 90% of the time when reading and then I lose it, so I've been training myself to keep the dang thing on. >.<
10. In the mist of reading a book I tend to stealthy read the ending of the book to see how it ends and then I continue on reading. I have controlled this 'no-no' but sometimes I'm bad and I commit this sin.
Ha ha, my dad uses toilet paper for bookmarks! No second guesses where he does all his reading! ;)
And my mum will sometimes read the last couple of pages - she says it helps her decide if the book's worth reading, but I think that's rubbish, she just wants spoilers! I can't do it. I mean, I don't want to and it would totally ruin a book for me. But there are quite a lot of people who feel that a story is better if they know what's coming.
My husband removes dust jackets and throws them out!!! It makes me mad. They're not only there to protect the book, it's like removing someone's face! But a couple of times I've taken them off while reading because it kept slipping off and flapping around everywhere. Generally I just avoid hardbacks.
I can understand reading the end, sometimes the anxiety gets to be too much and you just need to find out what happens to calm down.
I do the same thing with spoilers when I am curious.
I can't say I've ever used toilet paper as a bookmark, but that is a truly awesome idea! People who say they don't read in the bathroom are totally fibbing ;-)
Writing in books is very naughty. The one book abuse I've never ever partaken in!
Shannon, I try so hard to avoid hardcovers, however I do buy them from time to time. I agree but they just get in the way while reading, so I've been trying to get myself to tape on the cover lol.
April, sometimes I can't help myself either!
Kat, lol I find it hilarious when people say they don't read in the bathroom! They lie. XD I don't even write in my college text books! I feel like its ruining the book and abusing it! At least someone understands my loathing of the sin.
Toilet paper! Ha, classic :)
I use these old LOtr cards I got, and then I touch them while reading so they are all in pieces
Yeah, I don't let people borrow my books much either. I am so overprotective of them. And the worst used books are the ones that are all highlighted. bad college memories. haha great list! thanks for stopping by mine! :D
I can't get on board with The Hobbit either- I appreciate his role in literature but Tolkien is just not for me.
Courtney, thanks for stopping by and no problem! Gah college books lol.
Christine, yeaaaah its alright, but not the greatest. lol
I actually don't have a problem lending most of my books. Of course, I don't necessarily expect to have them returned either. I'd rather someone else love a book I do and have to buy myself another copy.
I'll skim too. I don't necessarily do it on purpose, it just kinda happens.
That's why I have a hard time lending because I rarely ever get them back and I feel like they are my children. lol XD Sad as it is. Same here though....I don't mean to skim but it happens.
Post a Comment