~The Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.~
This is later than I originally planned, but blogger was giving me a hard time. They wouldn't let me edit or even post anything for a couple days. That's why Music Monday wasn't posted. Ugh. It's finally working, so now I can share my two cents to everyone. haha!
This week's topic for TTT is: top ten books to save if my house was abducted by aliens (or such horrible catastrophes occured)
Yes, this is just for "fun" as some may say. Yes, family, clothes, pets, food, and whatnot come first, but if I DID have an extra couple minutes to grab other things I would grab some books and my kindle fire. There is no real order to my list...
1) The Complete Shakespeare with The Temple Notes and The Life of Shakespeare. This would be the very first thing I grabbed. Not only do I LOVE Billy S, but the book means a lot to me. It was my Grandpa Carol's book from 1948. It's very old, but its in GREAT condition. Grandpa Carol helped my love of books blossom! He loved the fact that I have a very creative mind. Miss you Grandpa Carol!
|It's hard to see, but right above BOOKS INC it says 1948|
|Me pretending that an alien is trying to take my book! BACK UP ALIEN! I'M A PRETEND NINJA!|
2) My Pink Carnation books. I own all the published novels from the Pink Carnation series by Lauren Willig. I love them all! I couldn't bare to leave them behind.
3) Lord of Ice by Gaelen Foley. That is my ultimate favorite book by her! I'm in love with Damien. *daydreams*
4) Princess by Gaelen Foley. This is my second favorite novel. I just LOVE the story and both of the main characters.
5) Persuasion by Jane Austen. I couldn't live without this book!
6) The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks. I'm really attached to not only this story, but to the book itself. It was given to me as a gift and I have all my favorite spots marked (I like to bend the corner of the page with my favorite spots so I can re-read it later)
7) Queen of Fashion by Caroline Weber. A very dear and old friend bought this for me on my 16th birthday. It's really special to me.
8) The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas. Even though I haven't even come close to finishing this huge novel, I can't bare to leave it behind. I simply adore Mr Dumas and I love this story! PLUS it's a pretty huge book, so I would have lots of paper to burn if I needed heat. Haha
9) All my Dear America, My Royal Diary, and My Name is America books/diaries. These series are what got me addicted to reading and to history. They are still entertaining to read from time to time.
10) The Lord of the Rings trilogy (including The Hobbit). If my inner-nerd can't come out once in a while, then I would probable implode. I would need this beloved trilogy to keep me from going insane and/or imploding.
What would you save if you could save 10 books?