~Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.~
This week's topic is about which authors you'd die to meet. There's many I would love to meet, so it's going to be hard to narrow it done to JUST 10. Okay, let's start this:
1. Jane Austen: I love her books! What else can I say? That would be amazing to meet her. I would love to ask her to which some of the movies with me, so I could get her opinion. Maybe I could convince her to write a book with me as the heroine. ^.^
2. William Shakespeare: Great guy, great writer. Even though his "books" are technically plays and poems, I still consider them novelish. I consider him an author.
3. Lauren Willig: I have meet her, but I would love to meet her again. I don't know if this one counts, because I have meet her and talked to her. I even took a picture of her! She even signed my book! Well, I'm still putting her on my list because she's my role-model.
4. JRR Tolkien: You could have seen this one coming...me being a huge Lord of the Rings nerd. He's a hero! I love this guy. Just like Jane Austen, I would die to meet him and ask him to watch the movies with me and get his opinion.
5. James Welch: An amazing writer. I love his books. I would die to meet him! I would want to go to the 'Winter in the Blood' movie premier with him.
6. Laurell K. Hamiliton: I love her Anita Blake series, even though I'm so far behind. She's a great author. I have some questions to ask her about Anita Blake. :3
7. Gaelen Foley: I simply love her books. I don't know why, but I do. Her writing style is addictive. I can't get enough of her books.
8. Charles Frazier: I've only read 'Cold Mountain' by him, but I love him! I have a lot of questions to ask him, so I would die to meet him. He's a great writer!
9. Nicolas Sparks: Even though I'm currently mad at him for writing a book for Miley Cyrus, I still love him. Some of his books are cheesy, but even though I don't eat cheese, I love his books.
10. Tom Rob Smith: He's sort of a newbie author. His first novel came out in 2008, the second in 2009, and the third is coming out this year. I've only read 'Child 44', but I've read that a million times. I can't wait to check out his other books! This guy has serious potential to be a great author!
And there is my list!! Who would you die to meet?
I just posted a list in an answer over at a blog :D
And yes I had Tolkien too. Of course. I would like to pick his brain about his wonderful world
Haha, I would feel sorry for Tolkien if we both got a hold of him. :3
I'll have to check out your list too!
Hee hee, Tolkien is on mine, too! The three of us can gang up on him. :)
Yeah! That poor man though...oh well. ^.^
Interesting list! I would have Jane and Tolkien on my list also.
Tolkien would be awesome to meet. I wonder what he would think about the popularity of his books and about the movies.
You should have added Kate Quinn after you got me to read Mistress of Rome!!!
Pedantic, thanks! I've noticed a lot of Jane and Tolkien on people's lists.
Allison, I know! When I seen your list I realized I forgot about Kate Quinn! I was a little upset with myself. I love her. hahaha.
Post a Comment