Tell Me Something Tuesday is a weekly discussion post on Rainy Day Ramblings where Rainy discuss a wide range of topics from books to blogging. Weigh in and join the conversation by adding your thoughts in the comments. If you want to do your own post, grab the question and answer it on your blog.
Eee! I've been excited about this one! I for sure have some strong feelings on things I love and hate about characters.
THINGS I HATE:
- Dumb characters who do dumb things for no reason.
- Overly perfect characters. NO ONE IS PERFECT DARN IT! *shakes fist*
- Overly jealous characters. Okay. There is a clear line in the sand for this. I like a little jealousy when it is called for it. But being obnoxious about it? Naw.
- Overly protective. I like protective characters, but there is a fine line. C'mon.
- Being 2D and boring. Get a personality...
THINGS I LOVE:
- Tough/strong-willed characters.
- Complex personalities. The number 1 example is Iago from 'Othello'. He has remained one of my favorite characters. So complex!
- Smart and thinking before acting. I love when characters actually take a second to think before reacting.
- Protective. Another one that there is a fine line in the sand. I love when characters are protective, but there can be too much of a good thing
- Funny! I love a hilarious character, especially when needed.
- Serious. I love the serious male characters! Someone's gotta warm them up ;)
|My friend Sarah and I went to a Red Wings game for her bday! My first live game! So fun!