~The Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.~
This week I'll be sharing my list of the top 10 bookendings the left my mouth hanging wide open (because of the cliffhanger ending, the ending was MINDBLOWING, or etc). There is no real order for this one...just randomness. This should be interesting because it takes a real good author/book to make my mouth drop open. I'm pretty good at guessing the ending of books and movies; I guess its a sixth sense of mine. ^.^
10) Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen. I just couldn't process what had happened! I mean everything went a little psychotic! I had to re-read to make sure I didn't lose my ability to read, because I couldn't believe what I read. The final actions of the characters seemed so...uncharacteristic. I don't want to ruin the ending for you so I shall stop before I give up spoilers...
9) The Killing Dance by Laurell K. Hamiliton. The ending not only left my my mind blown, but it also made me very VERY mad at Anita Blake (the heroine of the story). UGH. That is all...still a pretty good ending, but still....UGH
8) Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer. The ending left me a little confused and I had a million questions, but I was so shocked I couldn't speak for a moment of two.
7) Much Ado About Nothing by William Shakespeare. I was shocked...but in a good way. I loved how William Shakespeare ended it...it was simply brilliant. I can't say much more than that because I'll probably ruin the ending.
6) After Dark by Haruki Murakami. This book made me want to contiue to read his other novels. My mind was literally blown out of the water, but once I gathered all the pieces I felt a little shamed that I didn't see the end coming even though its near impossible to guess what would happen. Great book and I'm looking forward to his other books.
5) Spartan by Valerio Massimo Manfredi. I still can't decide whether or not I liked the ending. I was very baffled and I felt like the author left me dangling from a cliff. Pretty good book, but the ending...I'm still trying to work out...
4) Bet Me by Jennifer Crusie. The relationship between the characters were so complex and the situation they were in made me unsure on how they would untie the knot and then be together. I loved how Jennifer Crusie made the ending seem real, but surreal. After I was done having my mindblow, I managed an 'awwww'.
3) The Snow Fox by Susan Fromberg Schaeffer. A great ending to a great book. Even though at first I was extremely upset, I couldn't help but like the ending. The ending blew my mind and I loved every moment of it (even though I teared up a lot)
2) Lord of the Night by Susan Wiggs. I'm very good at figuring out mysteries and what will happen. Its a gift of mine, but the twist at the end of this one left me speachless.
1) The Orchid Affair by Lauren Willig. Not only did the ending take me by surprise, it made me love Lauren Willig's books even more. It's hard to describe, but the ending was wonderfully written.
What book endings left your mouth hanging wide open?
Yeah, I kind of felt the same way about Sense and Sensibility, too. Like, huh . . . ?! And here I thought it was just me! lol
Yayy! Another one who was a little baffled by the ending of S&S *hugs* Sorry about the hug but a lot of people I know try to justify it, but it still doesn't make any sense.
In a good way or in a bad way? Cos they mostly leave my mouth hanging in a bad way.
--did it go through?
Ummm, the majority of them were in a bad way...haha. A couple did leave my mouth hanging in a good. lol.
Post a Comment