Tell Me Something Tuesday is a weekly discussion post on Rainy Day Ramblings where Rainy discusses a wide range of topics from books to blogging.
I hate, hate, HATE DNFing. I always have a huge cloud of guilt over me when I even contemplate calling it done and over. However, sometimes enough is enough and I have to close the book and walk away.
Here are my huge red flags that I need to let it go:
- Something happens or a character says/feels/does something that really bugs me and makes me not want to read any further.
- If I dread reading more. That is not a good sign
- Taking a long time to finish a book just because I really don't want to not because of other external reasons that have nothing to do with said book.
- Starting to skim and not retaining anything I did read.
- When the story makes me fall asleep especially at critical points in the story that should be making me stay up WAY too late.
- When the writing makes me groan and roll my eyes.
- Just when the book just flat out suckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkks.
It sucks, but sometimes you have to just let it go. Someday...maybe...I may retry it.
I don't like to do it either
LET IT GO!
Melliane, its so hard to do it
B, DON'T GIVE A CRAP ANYMOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRE!
Those are my triggers, too. I find if it's a review book, however, I really should finish it, unless I really hate it. It's tough.
Jen, yaaa I suck it up for review books. I haven't had an awful one so far bc I am super picky on the review books I agree to.
Post a Comment