Length: 1 hr and 33 Mins
Genre: Comedy, Crime, & Family
Where I Got It: On Netflix
A young boy inadvertently gains possession of a check for one million dollars, which he proceeds to spend, unaware that the gangsters it belongs to are in pursuit.
A very random watch indeed. My friends and I were hanging out and we couldn't agree on what to watch and then this popped up as a "new add" to Netflix. We all remember liking this movie in our youths, so we decided to give it a go just to see how our adult eyes would take this movie now.
And let me tell ya....I was so disappointed in my younger self. I thought my younger self had some taste and I am surprised my parents let me watch this film.
Yes, Disney is always notorious for having adult content buried in the story...but it was not buried at all in this one. Plus, the entire cast are horrible role models for kids.
1) The main kid is a total ahole kid. He stole money and totally blew off his family.
2) The family is littered with aholes. The parents are shitty and expect a 10 year old to get a job...and when he gets said job they give him crap for it.
3) The undercover cop is a child molester. What 20 something year old agrees to go on a date with a 10 year old??? AND THEN KISSES HIM AT THE END!? WHAT? My friends and I were all shocked and confused.
4) The baddies are dumb and trying to kill a kid...that's nice.
5) The driver was decent enough, but he didn't ask any questions and that made him dumb.
Such a ridiculous movie that is nothing like Home Alone as they say on the poster.
Sure there were some funny moments and moments that I was jealous and I wish I had that money, but overall? A big no for me. I would not let my future kids watch this. I'll stamp this with 1 star.