Title: How to Protect a Princess
Series: Wilde Ways: Gone Rogue #1
Genre: Contemporary Romance, Romantic Suspense
Published: January 17, 2023
Where I Got It: My shelf (Amazon)
How do you protect a princess?
Step Do the job. Make her the priority.
Constantine Leos can’t believe his new assignment. He’s supposed to protect a princess. An actual, no BS royal princess. Sure, she spent her whole life in the US, and she’s only just discovered that she’s royalty, but, still…this isn’t his typical type of case. He’s used to bad guys who fight dirty and hard. He’s not prepared for… her. A gorgeous princess with dark eyes, lush lips, and a deceptive delicacy that makes him want to take on the world in order to protect her.
Step Stay close to the client. Intimately close.
Seemingly overnight, Juliet Laurent went from being a nobody to being the lost princess who now has her face splashed across social media. The new fame comes with danger because someone seems intent on making sure that Juliet never gets to wear her promised crown. She’s scared and desperate, and Juliet doesn’t know who to trust in this crazy royal life…
Enter the new bodyguard. Big, buff, and dangerous. A man who isn’t scared of anything. Just the man she needs. A man she desperately wants.
Constantine promises to protect her from every threat. His job is to stand between her and danger. With him, Juliet feels safe. And with him, Juliet also feels the stirring of a fierce desire that catches her by surprise. How can she want a stranger so much, so desperately? But when the threats continue and Constantine shields her again and again, her feelings for him just grow stronger. Forced into close proximity, the attraction rages past her control and his…
Step Protect the princess. Don’t fall for her.
Constantine knows a guy like him won’t ever get a happy ending, but he will do whatever it takes to make sure that Juliet stays safe. Because Juliet doesn’t need a Prince Charming. She needs a bodyguard who will eliminate every threat and who will destroy anyone who tries to hurt her. In other words, this princess needs the big, bad wolf. Luckily, Constantine has always excelled at being bad.
Found this on Amazon and it not only sounded good but it fits a box on my reading challenge!
Here we have Constantine and Juliet. Juliet is the lost princess who wants to stay lost but with her grandfather, the king dying and her grandmother and mom gone....she is the only heir left. Enter Constantine who is assigned to protect her. Things get messy when someone is out to get Juliet. Things get even messier when Juliet and Constantine start falling for each other.
I'm lazy on my day off so I shall use my easy format ;)
- I liked that the lust was instant, but they didn't act upon it really quick. There is a lot going on and not a lot of time for doing the naughty stuff.
- I loved that Juliet didn't want the crown, but she is willing to go talk to the King. It is her Grandfather and she is willing to sacrifice herself for a kingdom she doesn't know. She will be a good Queen. She's got a backbone and she is smart
- Loved Holden. I'm crushing for sure
- The ending twist with a certain character was good. I applaud the twist. I hope we see more of that character. At first, I hated them....I grew to love them by the end.
The Bad and The Ugly
- As much as I wanted to like Con...I didn't. He seemed so 2D. I would've liked more development of his character. He was just too Alpha and too.....atypical for me.
- The elevator scene near the beginning was annoying to me. I don't want to give any spoilers but omg shut up Con.
- Ugh the bedroom scene with the King annoyed me too.
I am willing to read book 2 since it is about Holden and hopefully, we are done with Con. He annoyed me. There were a lot of little things that annoyed me BUT it didn't ruin the book for me. I enjoyed watching the story unfold and watching Juliet come into her own. Sure she is stuck with Con bc HEA....but she is going to do good things. 3 stars from me.
- #20 for Romance Reading Challenge - Royal character